(Available at our High Country Physical Therapy - Laramie Office and Wind City Physical Therapy - Casper Office only)
As a woman's body changes throughout the life span, there are often times an increase in pain, decrease in strength, abnormal joint mobility and decreased trunk stabilization. A Women's Health Physical Therapist is trained to evaluate, assess and treat for a variety of these physical changes that occur.
- Treatment for orthopedic changes due to hormonal and physical changes including back pain, rib pain, carpal tunnel, neck and shoulder pain.
- Education on performing safe exercise.
- Instruction in targeted therapeutic exercises to decrease pain, increase energy levels, ready body for labor & delivery.
- Abdominal and trunk strengthening.
- Evaluation and treatment for painful intercourse.
- Education and treatment for stress incontinence.
- Postural education for breastfeeding and carrying child.
- Scar mobilization for C-section, episiotomy or tearing.
- Identify physical, nutritional and behavioral aspects to stress and urge incontinence.
- Perform targeted pelvic floor muscles to increase muscle tone.
- Educate on the anatomy and physiology of urination.
- Assess for trigger points and/or weakness of pelvic floor muscles.
- Manual therapy to decrease pain.
- Neuromuscular re-education to increase or decrease muscle tone in pelvic floor.