About the Clinic - High Country Physical Therapy
High Country Physical Therapy is an all encompassed practice dedicated to your personal goals. We are proud to introduce ourselves to the Laramie community and looking forward to working with you to provide highly effective and state of the art treatments. We are skilled in many aspects of Physical therapy and clinical specialists as well.
We are Doctoral trained Physical Therapists with experience in multiple settings. Our passion is dedicated towards helping anyone who is looking to make an improvement in his or her physical function.
Physical Therapy is a balance of Science and Art. We are experts in the study of human movement and how our daily lives contribute to pain, dysfunction, weakness, compensation and loss of mobility.
This husband and wife team is dedicated to promoting, guiding, and demonstrating a healthy and active lifestyle. They have vast experiences to treat almost any musculoskeletal disorder, injury, or concern with a high level of efficiency and success.
We always welcome new patients and depending on your insurance plan, you typically do not need a referral to see us.
We are proud to offer a few treatment options that are unique to Laramie, are on the cutting edge of health care and have proven to be very successful in the aide of prevention of surgery, return to lost hobbies and dreams, and all together improvement in general quality of life.
At High Country we are dedicate your appointment time to you. Our appointments generally last 45 min to diagnose your pain and your treatments will be tailored to you. You will always be working with a Physical Therapist or Physical Therapist Assistant and not an aide or tech. We believe that you deserve the best care and treatment possible and this involves 1-on-1 care.
We are Workers' Compensation, Medicare and Medicaid providers. We are pleased to note that we are preferred Blue Cross/Blue Shield providers.
Jonathan Claude, PT, DPT, CSCS
Jon was born and raised in Saskatoon, SK, Canada; he moved to Oklahoma in 2000 and played four years of NCAA II baseball. He then attended PT school in Denver and graduated from Regis University with a Doctorate of Physical Therapy in 2007.
Jon has been fortunate to grow in the field of Chronic Pain management due to the confidence of his clientele in his ability to seek solutions to their concerns and limitations. He is frequently attending continuing education classes to further his ability to manage a wide range of problems and diagnosis. Chronic pain is not only those challenged with pain on a daily basis but address the nagging pain that seems to return with physical activity. He is very passionate about human movement education and helping to restore an individual's freedom to live a healthy and active lifestyle. In addition to working in the clinic, Jon is able to travel with the Myopain Group to assist with lab instruction for the education of other clinicians on the technique of Trigger Point Dry Needling and the management of Myofascial Pain.
Sports Rehabilitation has been a focus for Jon for many years. Even before becoming a PT he spent time trying to work with his Teammates during the baseball season. Post-surgical rehabilitation can be very enjoyable and straight forward but Jon makes special attention to detail ensuring the most optimal recovery and return to sport possible. By utilizing the most up-to-date methodology for rehab and providing 1 on 1 care we are able to find superior outcomes in all aspects of post-surgical client management.
Outside of work Jon is busy with his own wellness and fitness with a passion of collecting and working with Kettlebells, being part of the CrossFit Community, mountain biking throughout the region, and being outdoors. His true gifts from God are his Wife Gretchen, whom is the best supporting partner he could imagine, and his amazing children Sloane and James. They are busy bodies like their parents and will forever be a joy to be with.
Certifications: Certified Myofascial Trigger Point Therapist (CMTPT)), Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Kinetacore Functional Dry Needling Level 1 and 2: The Management of Neuromuscular Dysfunction: Trigger point dry needling. Applications for pain management and sports injuries.
- Functional and Therapeutic Taping: Utilization of Kinesiotaping techniques and Mulligan techniques
- ASTYM: Management of soft tissue dysfunction with the utilization of the specialized ASTYM instruments and system.
- Functional Movement Systems Level 1 and 2: The FMS is an Injury reduction screening and Neuromuscular performance enhancing exercise prescription.
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment Level 1 and 2: The SFMA is clinical side of the FMS to identify faulty movement patterns that relate to chronic overuse and repetitive stress/recurrent injuries.
- Myopain Seminars 4 course series: Trigger Point Dry Needling and Management of Chronic pain syndromes due to Myofascial Dysfunction.
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Course, CrossFit Kids Trainer course
- TRX Sport Medicine Suspension Training: Delivery and advanced utilization of the TRX system.
- Introduction to the Mulligan Concept. Mulligan Concept for Upper Quadrant and Spine : Joint and soft tissue mobilization with active movement from the patient.
- Massery Breathing and Posture. A Multi-system Event.
- SFG Kettlebell Skills Course
- Redcord Neurac 1, Neurac Lower Extremity, Neurac Lower Back and Pelvis
- CRATFA: Craniomandibular and Craniofacial Dysfunctions and Pain: Foundations Courses 1a (Craniomandibular Dysfunctions and Functional Relations), 1b (The Cranial Nervous System: examination, treatment and management).
- Stecco Method of Fascial Manipulation Foundations 1a, 1b.
Memberships: American Physical Therapy Association, NSCA, FMS/SFMA, CrossFit, TRX Core.
Gretchen Claude, PT, DPT
Gretchen graduated with her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Regis University in 2007. Gretchen's area of expertise is in Women's Health related issues, specifically incontinence and postpartum care. Gretchen currently works as a full time Academic Professional Lecturer at the University of Wyoming in the Department of Kinesiology. In her leisure time, Gretchen enjoys CrossFit, Running, Yoga and enjoying the outdoors with her husband, Jon, and two children. Gretchen loves being a Physical Therapist to develop a strong relationship with patients to help achieve their goals through education, specialized and individualized care.
Certifications: Certified Myofasical Trigger Point Therapist, Certified Level 2 CAPP, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS-NSCA), Certified Functional Movement Screen (FMS) provider, Certified Selective Movement Functional Assessment (SFMA) Provider, Level 1 and Level 2 Certified CrossFit Coach, CrossFit Kids, 200 Hour Registered Yoga Instructor (RYT-200)
- CrossFit Level 2 (January, 2018)
- Functional Capacity Screen (October, 2017)
- Myofascial Manipulation (Levels 1-2; April-October, 2017)
- Mulligan Concepts: Lower Quarter (April, 2017)
- Yoga Teacher Training (August-November, 2015)
- If You Can't Breath, You Can't Function (March, 2015)
- SFMA (April, 2014)
- FMS Levels 1&2 (September, 2014)
- CrossFit Kids Certification (February, 2014)
- Mulligan Concepts Course: Upper Quarter (September, 2013)
- TRX Sports Medicine Training Course (August, 2013)
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer (March, 2013)
- Postural Restoration Institute: Pelvic Floor (February, 2013)
- APTA Pelvic Physical Therapy CAPP-2 (September, 2012)
- Myopain Seminars Trigger Point Dry Needling Certification (November, 2012)
- Postural Restoration Institute: Lumbopelvic (June, 2011)
- APTA: Pelvic Physical Therapy CAPP-1 (April, 2011)
- Techniques in Kinesiotaping, (April, 2011)
- APTA Clinical Instructor Certification (September, 2009)
- Spinal Cord Injury: Just the Facts (April, 2009)
- Neuro-IFRAH Certification (February, 2009)
Joel Fundaun, DPT
Joel graduated with his Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Regis University in 2017 and residency in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy from Northwestern University in 2018. Throughout school and residency, Joel has been involved with teaching and research projects focused on orthopaedic prevention and treatment to enhance his skillset. Joel has a strong interest in treating a spectrum of orthopaedic conditions, as well as concussive and vestibular dysfunction. Joel is also an alumnus of the University of Wyoming with a degree in Kinesiology and Health Promotion.
in his free time, Joel enjoys staying active and outdoors skiing, hiking, and camping. Joel is excited to be back in Laramie and join the team at High Country Physical Therapy.
- APTA Clinical Instructor Certification
- Vestibular Rehabiliation: Theory, Evidence, and Practical Application
- Patient Response Model to Low Back Pain
- Pre-arthritic Hip Rehabilitation & Management
- Concussion: Evaluation & Management from work to working out
- Golf & Health Symposium: An International Perspective
Jacob Marlow, PTA
Jake graduated with a Physical Therapist Assistant degree in 2014 from Laramie County Community College in Cheyenne, WY. He and his wife, Brittany, have lived in Laramie for seven years and are active members of the community. In their free time, Jake and Brittany enjoy rock climbing, backpacking, mountain biking, snowboarding, cross country skiing, cooking (and eating), and playing music. The two are also heavily involved with the Wyoming chapter of the MS Society. Their Bike MS team, Chafing the Dream is always accepting new riders! Jake loves getting to know his patients and helping them achieve their goals so they can get back to doing what they love.
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS) I & II
- Y-Balance Test (YBT)
- Mulligan Concept
- Fascial Manipulation I
- Redcord Neurac I